There is blue water – Nice
Nice located on the Mediterranean coats of east French, it is one of the largest French city on the Mediterranean coast. Nice is about 13 kilometres from the Monaco. Nice was founded around 5th century BC by the greeks and was given the name of Nikaia in honour of a victory.
You can reach Nice by place, airport is 7 km from city centre. From airport to the city centre you can get by bus No. 98, No. 99 (it cost 6 EUR), or by tram. Other way is to go from Milane centrale by train, it takes 5 h and cost from 15 EUR.
Nice can be your journey through the French riviera start place. If you go by car, you can choose highway it‘s cost much more when travelling by local roads, but it will be much more faster. Road fee: from 2 till 14 EUR. Petrol (A95) price – 1.2 EUR.
What to visit in Nice:
Castle Hill (Colline du Chateau), it is the highest place in Nice, on the top you will see Nice panoramic view, sea museum, ruins and cemetery. The top you can reach by foot (it‘s up 213 stairs) or by funicular from Ponchettes str.
Rossetti is pedestrian square in Nice city centre. In this place you can feel historical city spirit. Red and yellow buildings remain you old times. In the sunny day, you can visit ice cream shop “Fenocchio“, it is the best ice cream shop in Nice, there are 99 types of ice creams. There are Sainte – Reparate cathedral, witch is included in UNESCO.
Russian Orthodox Cathedral was build in XVIII-XIX c., it is very popular place between english and russian people, is not traditional building in Nice. This is heritage of the Russian aristocrats.
The main city square is named Massena, it is elegance and modern city point. There are typical houses with red walls and blue shutters, fountain with Apollo sculpture in the middle of it. The most beautiful view in the evening time, when you can see modern art installations, it is a symbol of 7 continents, the house and fountain is lighted too. Very often you can see art performances, festivals. Near the square there are mini fountains wich loves everybody at children to old people.
Vieux Nice. There are not only old buildings, but and architecture masterpiece, such as Chapelle de la Miséricorde, it is on of the best example of the baroque style.
Cours Saleya, is the popular market in Nice, witch are full of smells, colours and sounds since early morning. There are carefully arranged fresh vegetables, flowers and other goodies. Try fougasse is a special type of bread.
Notre-Dame de Nice is not the same big basil as a Notre-Dame in Paris, but do not forget Nice is much more smaller than Paris. It is a light and nice basil, the same as Nice‘s mood. Will be very easy to make a photo, because building you will fit in one photo.
Promenade des Anglais, is the main street in Nice, there are modern hotels, famous restaurants. The street are dedicated to english people, who are helped to become Mediterranean coast popular. The England queen liked this place in XVIII c. In the end of the street you will see a castle.
- There are one tram line in the city. From Nice train station “ Gare de Nice-Ville“ to the old town you can go by tam (90 min. tickets cost 1.5 EUR) and do not forget, before get in to the tram you have to mark ticket in the tram station;
- Do not forget, it is a rich people city, therefore fast food prices starts at 6 EUR;
- Traditional foods: “socca“ (avian peas meal) looks like a pancake, “Farcis“ (stuffed vegetables), Nice salat;
- Ice cream cafe “Fenocchio“ is in Rossetti square and you should taste ice cream in this place, because there are many ice creams types (e.g. lavender), it cost 2-2.5 EUR.;
- At the Nice train station “Gare de Nice-Ville“ you can go by train to Monaco, it takes 14-22 min.;
- Hotels in Nice: Villa Eden; ibis budget Nice Californie Lenval