“Vast, echoing and God – like” – these are the words T. E. Lawrence used in describing Wadi Rum. The largest and most magnificent of Jordan’s desert landscapes: this is a stupendous, timeless place, virtually untouched by humans.
A mazes of monolithic rocks capes rise up from the desert floor to heights or 1.750m creating a natural challenge for serious mountaineers. Hikers can enjoy the tranquillity of the boundless empty spaces, explore the canyons and water holes to discover 4.000 years old rock drawings and the many other spectacular treasures this vast wilderness holds in store.
Very good attraction is to ride in the desert with locals (Bedouins) which shows you Jordan’s desert landscapes, tell the stories about their life in the desert. In this service is included tea ceremony or/and lunch.
- Entrance with Jordan pass is free;
- Ride with jeeps in the desert cost 35 JOD/4 persons. You can buy this service near the Visitor center 29.639286, 35,434285;
- Bedouins are very friendly, kindly and shyly people;
- You can ride in the desert by camel;
- Locals knows English very well;
- If you go to the desert, do not forget hat, water, sun cream and empty camera memory card;
- If you want to spend a night in the desert, we are recommended to booked it before arrive: Bedouin Directions
- Special car rental prices in Jordan;